Monday, 23 May 2011

Dance Showcase.......????



Hi all,
When I started this blog, I had decided to write daily posts, with daily updates of preparations of Jhankaar'11 but last 2 days were real busy and tiring that missed the post. You know, after all I have a PhD Guide too......
But whatever happens…. dance never sleeps (stops I mean) ……

So.......

PAST:
     I still remember those early days of dance class, when there used to be hardly 4-5 couples (that's 8-10 people) in a class. Slowly in 2-3 months, the number reached to 14-15, but it was good in a sense that Tillu could concentrate on each of us personally (she still does even with a huge number too…how?? only she knows….). Some of our very initial members I can remember are Mario, Rakesh, Sumit, Divya, Shradhha, Vivek, Anirudhha, Kishor (he is a teacher too),Deepika, Purvi and Rishika (both are in US now doing their PhD) and myself. Dance class was such a relaxation and entertainment in that deadly tight schedule of course work and study and exams and assignments.
    I vividly remember how busy I used to be!!! 4 courses in that short term of Jan session, Dance classes, Department in-house symposium, Temporary Aerobics club convener ship, TMC Science quiz Volunteer, student’s council active participation..........too many things to do in just 24 hours!!!!!!   I remember having 8 different IISc T-shirts in that year :P !!!
    And at the end of the sem, I was glad that I could finally manage with so many things. After that came a big holiday at home and return to lab and then came June. As June starts and July approaches, It means It’s time for Freshers!!! That means each and every club of IISc including student’s council will be very busy welcoming the fresher’s in their own styles.
   At that time, June-July 2008, DC was a comparatively newer. The other clubs in IISc like Music club, Rhythmica.......used to have their showcase 3-4 times a year and those used to be very nice!! What a glory to perform on stage of SDA !!
    And then, we, DC, thought that if We want to grow faster and want maximum people to know about us, Dance Showcase is the best way to express ourselves. And that’s how the Idea of Jhankaar was born!!! Of course, name of the show case was different that time.....Now the trouble was we had very less number of people around and we knew very few dances to perform...there was no way that we could present an hour showcase in SDA.....but then what to do....Some where we had to start with something........so.......?????



PRESENT:
     I keep checking the dance club emails at least 3-4 times a day, hoping that someone might have replied and whenever I open the email, I get huge pile of email saying “Delivery status Failure”. Damn!!!! People can’t even give their correct email-ids. What a Disappointment!! But Finally I have got 2 replies saying that they are not in town and they will contact us back once they are back……not bad!!! Also Many people have started talking about the show in campus as well many dance club member are asking me about dances available…”Can we do this dance?? Can I have this partner?? ….When can We start the practice??....Who has key to dance room???...” not bad at all!!!!!!!
    Even Late night discussions with Srikant, Nishchal, Ankur and Vijay @ Pavillion, then conversation in mess with Rohini, Rahul, Hema, Mamta, Summy and Lucky…..I feel these all are promising signs for the show. I am happy that people are thinking seriously…after all a huge dedication is required from all of us to make the show successful!!!!
       Actually, In the month of March, I was at home enjoying my holidays with mom and dad, and this one guy called me asking for the dance club…..name Harsh….Department Neurosciences (CNS), IISc. I remember I was with my mom doing some shopping and Harsh called me…..” Hi, I came to know from someone that you are in dance club, I want to dance in showcase , I am Harsh from CNS ( funny thing is I didn’t know that CNS means Neurosciences and I was thinking he was not from IISc)  “…… He did sound very Enthu…..I tried to explain him that I was not in Bangalore, I was on Roaming, I was with mom and that I would call him back once I was back to campus and of course Showcase was faaaaar away!!! But he really didn’t stop talking, He sounded like Showcase was already going on somewhere and he wanted to dance in that, at that right moment!! This Enthusiasm is always good for Performances…. Anwz, once I was  back to campus, I came to know that he already found dance club people and He was in. Now that the showcase is been announced, I am hoping to see him somewhere, during dance workshops, auditions….But I am not able to ….I have heard he is doing HIPHOP this time. Nitish, Nishachal and Gaurav keep talking about him…..I really want to meet this Harsh……after all I am very curious to meet this person who was really so impatient to dance in the showcase in March and now at the time show, I Don’t see him….:P. If not anywhere, I hope at least I will see him on the stage on show day!!!!!!!!



2 comments:

  1. He is coming back on May 30th and yes he is the guy who has registered for Jive. Woe is me... He is pretty good :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey...thats ok!!!! We will see.....don worry!! you are pretty good too...tough competition!!

    ReplyDelete